Using MPBF (Metal Powder Bed Fusion) technology, the EP-M650 is currently the largest SLM printer in the Eplus line with a build envelope of 655mm x 655mm x 800 mm and a four laser systems to ensure a high efficiency printing production.
The precise positioning and innovative area splicing control technology hereby offers uniformity and stability throughout the whole printing phase. The system is compatible with a wide variety of metal powders such as titanium-, aluminum- and nickel-based alloys, die steel, stainless steel, chrome cobalt Alloys and other materials. It is suitable for the direct manufacturing of large-size, high-precision and high-performance parts in the aerospace, automotive and defense industry.
The EP-M650 features:
- Printing of mass-individualized parts in the 340 Liter (655 x 655 x 800 mm) build chamber.
- Four lasers print simultaneously reaching an output of up to 120 cm3, which is an increased efficiency of 3.5 times compared to a single laser system.
- Printing large layer thicknesses of more than 60 um possible.
- High parts accuracy in the overlap area of 0.1 mm. The deviation of mechanical properties compared to a single laser system is lower than 3%.
- Optimized design the air flow ensures the effective removal of dust and splatter as well as a uniform parts quality in the whole print bed.
- The strict calibration ensures the consistency between parts and batches.
First Class Results
- Creates high density, high-integrity components thanks to unique scanning path and inert gas chamber
- High precision print quality for final product (thin layer-thickness)
- Adjustable print quality and strength for draft design
- Efficient prints (intelligent powder coating method and rapid scanning speed)
- Highly stable platform enables over 200 hours of continuous operation
- Wide range of applications including: aerospace, biomedical, automotive, engineering, R&D, jewelry, industry, injection molding and resource development
- Create components using a diverse range of metal powders including: stainless steel, high temperature nickel base alloy, maraging steel, titanium alloy, cobalt chromium alloy, aluminum alloy, high strength steel, copper alloy and tungsten alloy
- Open source (will support metal powders from any supplier)
- Touchscreen control console offers full visualization for user-friendly operation
- Printing process can be monitored, controlled and diagnosed from a cellphone or laptop
- Multiple built-in safety systems
- Eplus control software allows use of 3rd party .stl processing software like NETFABB and Materialize Magics
Low Cost Operation
- Over 90% material utilization rate
- Total power consumption as low as 1kW
- Low gas usage (automatic flow control and circulation filtration of inert gas)
Max Scan Speed
Forming Chamber O2 Content
Input Data Format
Selective Laser Melting (SLM)
655mm x 655mm x 800mm
Fiber Laser, 500W (1000W dual laser option)
15-35 cm³/hour (Single laser)
35-65 cm³/hour (Dual laser)
380V, 50-60Hz, 65A
5880mm x 3840mmm x 3630mm
EP Control, EPHatch
STL or other Convertible File