3DXSTAT™ ESD-Safe OBC Polyethylene Copolymer 3D Printing Filament
Our 3DXSTAT™ ESD-Safe OBC is made using Evolv3D™ OBC (Olefin Block Copolymer) from Dow. This is an engineering-grade material based on a novel polyethylene copolymer and multi-wall carbon nanotubes. OBC is the state-of-the-art in polyethylene 3D printing and eliminates many of the problems associated with printing polypropylene-based materials. Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
3DXSTAT™ ESD-Safe OBC is semi-crystalline and has excellent chemical resistance coupled with ease of printing and real-world functional properties.
Low Density: The reel contains 750g of filament, but based on the low density of OBC, this is the same amount of filament that would typically be on a 1kg reel of ABS. This allows you to print light-weight and exceptionally durable parts for medical, drones, watercraft, automotive, or any application that would benefit from a light weight ESD-Safe chemically resistant material.
Product Attributes Include:
- Superior chemical resistance
- Excellent Z-axis bonding
- Very low density (0.95 g/cm3)
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- No water pick-up – no drying needed
- Low odor – essentially none
- Diameter: 1.75mm, 2.85mm, +/- 0.05mm
- Reel weight: +/- 5%
Recommended Print Settings:
- If you have a dual extruder, the AquaTek® X1 Water Soluble Support works great with ESD-Safe OBC filament and allows you to print parts with complex geometries and then dissolve away the support in warm water.
- Extruder temp: 175-215°C
- Bed temp: 60-100°C
- Bed prep: 3Dlac spray, Packaging tape (PE or PP based) is an excellent low-cost option, Magigoo PP Bed Prep
- Enclosed build chamber: 23-60°C. Although not 100% necessary, an enclosed print chamber will help ensure more successful printing
- Other: Recommended to print with brim or raft until you become comfortable printing with OBC. We also recommend the use of a cooling fan (20-50%). Print speed is generally 30-50mm/s.
Evolv3D™ is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company