CarbonX CF Nylon 6
Gen 3 CarbonX™ CF-Nylon Filament is formulated using a PA6 copolymer reinforced with high-modulus carbon fiber. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, improved chemical and thermal resistance, excellent surface quality, and ease of printing. Gen3 has higher HDT than our previous grades (147°C at .45MPa) allowing for expanded use in higher-temp applications.
If you have a dual extruder, the AquaTek® X1 Water Soluble Support works great with CarbonX™ CF Nylon 6 and allows you to print parts with complex geometries and then dissolve away the support in warm water.
Open Source: You do not need to purchase a special printer for CarbonX™ CF-Nylon. Our CF Nylon (Gen 3) is suitable for use in practically any desktop 3D Printer that has a heated bed.
- Excellent printability
- High tensile strength and rigidity
- Abrasion and wear resistance
- Improved chemical resistance over traditional 3D printing materials
- High thermal properties
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 240-270°C. CarbonX™ CF Nylon exhibits improved layer bonding at higher temperatures.
- Bed Temp: 80 – 100°C
- Bed Prep: 3Dlac Spray, Polyimide Tape, Clean glass with ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Hardened Nozzle: 0.4mm or larger.
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.