CarbonX CF PC
CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polycarbonate (PC) Filament
CarbonX™ CF-PC is a high-performance carbon fiber reinforced PC filament. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high heat, high stiffness, excellent surface quality, and dimensional stability. Polycarbonate has a glass transition of 147°C and offers some of the highest thermal performance on the 3D market.
Thanks to its properties of high stiffness, dimensional stability and heat resistance, CF PC is ideally suited to some extremely demanding applications. Similar carbon-fibre reinforced polymers are commonly used in such applications as aerospace components, oceangoing ship superstructures and civil engineering projects. Its excellent surface quality also makes it ideal for high-stress consumer products such as sports equipment.
- High thermal properties, Polycarb itself has a Tg of 147°C
- Amorphous structure gives it low, near isotropic shrinkage
- Further improved stiffness and dimensional stability with the addition of carbon fiber reinforcement
- Very low odor emitted while printing
- Wide processing range of 280-310°C
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 280-310°C
- Bed Temp: 110-120°C
- Bed Prep: 3Dlac spray, PEI Sheet or tape, Kapton/PI Tape, Glue stick on clean glass, ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Support: Our Aquatek water soluble support works great to create complex parts. This support can be found HERE.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.