Evolv3D™ OBC (Olefin Block Copolymer) from Dow is an engineering-grade material based on a novel polyethylene copolymer. OBC is the state-of-the-art in polyethylene 3D printing and eliminates many of the problems associated with printing polypropylene-based materials. OBC is semi-crystalline and has excellent chemical resistance coupled with ease of printing and real-world functional properties. We manufacture this filament at our factory in Grand Rapids, MI using premium Dow Evolv3D™ OBC resin and custom colorants specifically formulated for 3D printing.
The reel contains 750g of filament, but based on the low density of OBC, this is the same amount of filament that would typically be on a 1kg reel of ABS. This allows you to print light-weight and exceptionally durable parts for medical, drones, watercraft, automotive, or any application that would benefit from a light weight chemically resistant material.
- Excellent Z-axis bonding
- Very low density (0.9 g/cm3)
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- No water pick-up – no drying needed
- Ease of printing – low warp / curling
- Flexibility and fatigue resistance allows for printing living hinges
- Low odor – essentially none
- Diameter: 1.75mm, 2.85mm, +/- 0.05mm
- Reel weight: +/- 5%
- Extruder temp: 170-210°C
- Bed temp: 60-100°C
- Bed prep: 3Dlac spray, Kapton Polyimide Tape, ABS/Acetone Slurry, Magigoo PP Bed Prep
- Enclosed build chamber: 23-60°C. Although not 100% necessary, an enclosed print chamber will help ensure more successful printing
- Other: Recommended to print with brim or raft until you become comfortable printing with OBC. We also recommend the use of a cooling fan (20-50%). Print speed is generally 30-50mm/s.
Evolv3D™ is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company