FibreX™ ABS-GF10 Glass Fiber Reinforced ABS
FibreX™ glass fiber reinforced ABS is very stiff and strong allowing you to create structural parts without the lifting and warping that can happen with unfilled ABS. We use premium ABS and a special glass fiber chosen to be compatible with ABS and the FDM/FFF process. Glass fiber is very abrasive and we strongly recommend using our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles when printing with glass fiber reinforced materials.
Available in Black, White and Dark Grey
- Ideal for structural engineering-grade applications
- Exceptionally stiff and strong – without being brittle
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Very low shrinkage, warp, and lifting
- High thermal properties – up to 95°C in-use applications depending on the mechanical loads applied
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 230-245°C
- Bed Temp: 95-110°C
- Bed Prep: 3Dlac spray, PI Tape, PEI Tape, or ABS/Acetone Slurry on clean glass works great for us.
- Hardened Nozzle: 0.4mm or larger. Glass fiber is very abrasive and will quickly wear out a brass nozzle. We strongly recommend using our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with glass fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.