HyperLite PP HGB1 is made using a specialty formulated polypropylene created specifically for 3D printing. The formulation includes a specialty additive which enables ultra low density (0.75g/cc) along with lower shrink and warp compared to competitors’ PP-based 3D filaments. HyperLite Polypropylene is a game changer for the industrial 3D printing of PP-based materials for engineering-grade applications.
Since material properties can vary depending on print environment and 3D model geometry and/or surface area, it is always required to do your own testing, but Polypropylene is famous for its chemical resistances to a huge range of environments including:
- Acids: Acetic, Boric, Hydrochloric, Phosphoric, Stearic, Sulfuric, Uric
- Bases: Hydrocides of Ammonium, Barium, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium
- Solvents: Acetone, Ethanol, MEK, Phenol (10%), Water
The reels contain 500g of filament, but based on the very low density of HyperLite, this is the same amount of filament that would typically be found on a 750g reel of ABS. This allows you to print light-weight parts for medical, drones, watercraft, automotive, or any application which would benefit from a light weight, flexible, chemically resistant material.
- Excellent resistance against a huge variety of chemicals
- Ultra low density and weight, only 0.75g/cc
- High impact and elongation, retaining the flexibility of Polypropylene
- Easier to print than most flexible 3D printing materials, suitable for use with almost any 3D printer
- Does not absorb moisture; no drying needed!
- Superior dimensional stability thanks to its very low shrinkage, warping, and zero moisture uptake
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
- Extruder: 210-240°C
- Bed Temp: 60-90°C
- Bed Prep: 3Dlac
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Supports: AquaTek Water Soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is one of the few materials capable of properly forming a strong, temporary bond for support printing. Polypropylene is infamous for being difficult to support, and X1 USM is ideal for the job
- Drying Instructions: Not needed