One of the most powerful design and file inputs for 3D printing is derived from 3D scanners.
3D Laser Scanning is a non-contact, non-destructive technology that digitally captures the shape of physical objects using a line of laser light. 3D laser scanners create sets of data points on the surface of an object – sometimes referred to as “point clouds”. The scanner’s probe projects a line of laser light onto the surface while two sensor cameras continuously record the changing distance and shape of the laser line in three dimensions (XYZ) as it sweeps along the object. The shape of the object is represented as millions of points on the computer monitor as the laser moves around capturing the entire surface shape of the object. The process is very fast, gathering up to 750,000 points per second and very precise (to ±.0005″).
In this way, 3D scanners are able to capture the exact size, shape and sometimes texture of physical objects and convert them into digital 3-dimensional representations. In particular, the ability of a 3D scanner to capture organic shapes and difficult-to-draw objects in minutes has proven to be an invaluable tool for businesses and professionals alike.
The digital files can generally be saved as either CAD files to allow for modification, or STL files to allow for 3D printing.
Some of the uses of 3D scanning technology includes:
Reverse Engineering and Prototyping
Storage and Data Transmission
The Einscan family of 3D scanners is the most comprehensive and accessible line of affordable 3D scanners currently available. These award winning scanners range in price and features to fit any budget, and are supported by a highly user-friendly software package. From the affordable ‘white light’ Einscan SE designed to introduce users to scanning to the newly released Freescan UE7 and UE11, Shining 3D has the answer to your 3D scanning needs.
Einscan FreeScan UE7 and UE11
The Einscan FreeScan UE7 and UE11 are Shining’s premium metrology scanner featuring a high precision blue light laser that allows users to scan reflective surfaces . It’s ergonomic and lightweight equipment design, make it easier to hold and operate, providing metrology-grade, high-precision inspection solutions for the automotive, transportation, aerospace industry, moulding inspection, energy generation, machinery manufacturing and etc.
The FreeScan offers:
- Metrology-class high precision: Accuracy up to 0.02mm, Volumetric accuracy 0.02mm+0.04mm/m.
- Stability of repetitive measurement: FreeScan UE delivers consistent results, when repeatedly scanning the same item.
- Wide range of material adaptations: Supporting the scan of black and reflective surfaces to accommodate a wider range of scanning applications.
- High efficiency: The scan area can reach 510*520mm, providing larger field of view for a smoother and more efficient scanning experience.
- Easy operation: User-friendly operating system with simple software setup and guidance through the whole workflow process, allowing users to master the operation at ease.
- Seamless inspection efficiency: The scan data can be imported into inspection software like Geomagic Control X, Verisurf Inspect and Einsense Q with one click, increasing the inspection efficiency.
- Portable and lightweight: The device weights only 670g, facilitating handheld scanning more easily and avoiding fatigue due to long working time.
Freescan UE7 $27,500 ($22,000 USD) or lease for as low as $862.02/month O.A.C.
Freescan UE11 $34,500 ($27,000 USD) or lease for as low as $1,081.44/month O.A.C.
Contact us for leasing details.
|FreeScan UE7||FreeScan UE11|
|Scan Mode||Multiple Lines Scan, Single Line Scan|
|Scan Accuracy||Up to 0.02mm|
|Volumetric Accuracy||0.02mm + 0.04mm/m|
|Volumetric Accuracy with DigiMetric||0.02mm + 0.025mm/m|
|Scan Speed||650,000 points/s||1,020,000 points/s|
|Depth of Field||300mm-700mm|
|Max. Scan Range||510mm x 520mm|
|Point Distance||0.05mm - 3mm|
|Light Source||14 lines + 1 line blue laser||22 lines + 1 line blue laser|
|Laser Class||Class 2M (eye safe)|
|Connection Standard||USB 3.0|
|Dimensions||298 x 90 x 74.5mm|
|Power Requirement||DC: 12V, 5.0A|
|Operating Temperature Range||0 - 40°C|
|Operating Humidity Range||10 - 90%|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, ROHS, WEEE|
|Inspection Module||Compatible with multiple inspection software solutions such as Einsense Q, Geomagic Control X, Polyworks, Catia, Etc|
|Output Format||OBJ, STL, ASC, PLY, P3, 3MF|
|Data Compatibility Software||3D System (Geomagic Solutions), InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks), Dassault Systems (CATIA V5 & SolidWorks), PTC (Pro/Engineer), Siemens (NX & Solid Edge), Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage), etc|
|Recommended PC Configuration||OS: Windows 10, 64-bit; Video card: GTX 1080 or better; Memory ≥4G; Processor: i7-8700 or better; Memory: ≥32GB|
Based on years of 3D measurement experience and market demand, SHINING 3D innovatively integrates blue LED light and blue laser into EinScan HX handheld 3D scanner. The hybrid laser and LED light sources make EinScan HX compatible with a wider range of object sizes, meeting multiple needs of users. High efficiency and reliable result give EinScan HX more application possibilities.
- High Efficiency: Processing speed of EinScan HX under Rapid Scan Mode is up to 1,200,000 points/s, and multiple blue laser lines under Laser Scan Mode makes scanning of most objects in minutes for reverse engineering, CAD/CAM, 3D printing and etc.
- Full Color: With built-in color camera, it supports full color texture capturing and tracking by texture.
- EinScan HX Reverse Engineering Design Bundle Available: A hybrid light source 3D scanner with reverse engineering and CAD capabilities.
- Reliable Results: The high resolution and accuracy meet the needs of most industrial applications for reverse engineering and measuring. Minimum point distance 0.05 mm and accuracy up to 0.04 mm with Laser Scan.
Freescan UE7 $15,000 ($12,000 USD) or lease for as low as $475.59/month O.A.C.
Contact us for leasing details.
|Scan Mode||Rapid Scan||Laser Scan|
|Scan Accuracy||Up to 0.05||Up to 0.04|
|Scan Speed||1,200,000 points/s|
|Camera Frame Rate||55fps||55fps|
|Align Mode||Feature alignment, markers alignment, texture alignment, hybrid alignment||Markers alignment|
|Depth of Field||200 - 700mm||350 - 610mm|
|Max FOV||420 * 440mm||380 * 400mm|
|Point Distance||0.25 - 3mm||0.05 - 3mm|
|Light Source||Blue LED||7 blue laser crosses|
|Safety||Eye-safe||Class I (eye-safe)|
|Built-in Color Camera||Yes|
|Connection Standard||USB 3.0|
|Output Formats||OBJ, STL, ASC, PLY, P3, 3MF|
|Dimensions||108 x 110 x 237mm|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, ROHS, WEEE, KC|
|Recommended Configuration||OS: Windows 10, 64-bit|
Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX1080 (or equivalent)
Video memory: 4GB
Processor: i7-8700 (or equivalent)
EINSCAN PRO 2x PLUS
The Professional 3D Digitizing Solution
- Offers an enhanced Handheld HD Scan Mode and enlarged scan range
- Captures 3D model of medium to large size objects with high efficiency
- Meets demands for wider range of applications
|Product ID||Shining 3D Einscan Pro 2X Plus|
|Scan modes||Handheld HD Scan, Handheld Rapid Scan, Fixed Scan with turntable, Fixed Scan without turntable|
|Handheld HD Scan accuracy||Up to 0.05mm|
|Handheld Rapid Scan accuracy||Up to 0.1mm|
|Fixed Scan accuracy||0.04mm (single shot accuracy)|
|Volumetric accuracy||0.3mm/m (markers alignment)|
|Handheld HD Scan speed||20fps; 100,000 points/second|
|Handheld Rapid Scan speed||30fps; 1,500,000 points/second|
|Fixed Scan speed||Single scan < 1 second|
|Handheld HD Scan point distance||0.2mm - 2mm|
|Handheld Rapid Scan point distance||0.2mm - 2mm|
|Fixed Scan point distance||0.16mm|
|Enlarged scan range||312 x 204mm|
|Depth of field||±100mm|
|Handheld HD Scan align mode||Markers alignment|
|Handheld Rapid Scan align mode||Markers alignment, feature alignment, hybrid alignment|
|Fixed Scan (with turntable) align mode||Turntable coded targets, feature, markers, manual alignment|
|Fixed Scan (without turntable) align mode||Markers, feature, manual alignment|
|Handheld HD Scan texture scan||No|
|Handheld Rapid Scan texture scan||No|
|Fixed Scan texture scan||Yes (with color pack addon)|
|Outdoor operation||Yes, with shelter; avoid direct sunlight|
|Object format||OBJ, STL, ASC, PLY, 3MF, P3|
A powerful companion for educators and individuals
- Easiest 3D scanning experience for non-technical users
- Dual scan modes: Auto Scan and Fixed Scan
- Easy to operate and great price-to-performance ratio
|Product ID||Shining 3D Einscan SE|
|Scan Modes||Fixed Scan with turntable|
|Scanning Accuracy||0.1mm (single shot accuracy)|
|Volumetric Accuracy||0.3mm/m (markers alignment)|
|Scan speed||<8 seconds single scan time
<2 minute single lap time
|Max Scan Size||700 x 700 x 700mm|
|Single Scan Range||300 x 170mm|
|Depth of Field||±100mm|
|Align Mode||Turntable coded targets, feature alignment, manual aligment|
|Outdoor Operation||Yes, with shelter; avoid direct sunlight|
|Object Format||OBJ, STL, ASC, PLY, 3MF, P3|
EINSCAN COLOR PACK
The EinScan Color Pack allows the Einscan scanners to capture even higher resolution 3D data and richer color accuracy. The accessory features a 24-bit true-color display and 12.0-megapixel color texture. Ideal for applications such as virtual reality, e-commerce virtual displays and online museums.
- PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION: SHINING 3D EINSCAN COLOR PACK
- PRODUCT NUMBER: ACC1010
- 24-bit true-color display
- 12.0 Megapixel color texture
- High resolution 3D data; for better and richer scanning details
- Scan data resolution reaches up to 3.0 Megapixel per single scan
EINSCAN PRIME PACK
The HD Prime Pack can accelerate scanning speed by 30 percent when the device is used in Handheld HD Scan Mode. The Prime Pack also captures more detail and enables marker-free alignment. Use this scanner when the very highest level of precision is required — reverse designing, archiving, restoration and cultural heritage preservation.
- PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION: SHINING 3D EINSCAN PRIME PACK
- PRODUCT NUMBER: ACC1012
- Allows makers free scanning under Handheld HD Scan mode when the object surface is with enough geometries, greatly enhancing the scanning efficiency without any object preparation.
- When the object surface is without enough geometries, you can still scan under Handheld HD Scan mode with markers alignment.
- The scanning speed is increased by 30%, capturing high-accuracy and high-resolution scanned data more rapidly.
- It captures more details than handheld rapid scan mode under HD prime without markers.