WHAT IS STEREOLITHOGRAPHIC PRINTING?
Stereolithographic Apparatus – or more simply referred to as Stereolithography. SLA, or resin printing – is a photochemical 3D printing process. Ultraviolet light is directed and used to cause chemical monomers to link together to form polymers that make up a form of a 3 dimensional object.
Stereolithography can be used to create prototypes for products in development, medical models, and computer hardware, as well as in many other applications. While stereolithography is fast and can produce almost any design, it can be expensive.
Stereolithography works by focusing an ultraviolet (UV) laser on to a vat of photopolymer resin. Guided by CAD/CAM software and using mirror-like components called galvanometers, the UV laser ‘draws’ a pre-programmed pattern on to the surface of the photopolymer vat. Since photopolymers are sensitive to ultraviolet light, the resin is photochemically solidified to form a single layer of the desired 3D pattern. The build platform then adjusts and a movable blade recoats the top of the tank with resin, the laser ‘draws’ the next layer which bonds to the previous layer. The process is repeated for each layer of the design until the 3D object is complete.
Completed parts must then be given a solvent bath to clean away excess and unused resin.
Like SLA, Digital Light Processing is also a form of resin printing but with some key differences.
DLP makes use of a specially designed Digital Light Projector Screen. The projector has the capacity to ‘flash’ (almost like a camera) an entire layer at a time, making the process much faster than SLA. Up until recently, the trade off between SLA and DLP has been speed for quality. Since the DLP is a digital technology, the 2D image that is projected is composed of pixels. When translated into three dimensions, they become voxels. Think of miniscule Lego blocks.
However advances in software and in the DLP technology generally have resulted in prints that are almost indistinguishable from SLA prints and thus presents manufacturers with a unique tool to add to their production process.
SHINING 3D SLA AND DLP 3D PRINTERS
Shining 3D is at the forefront of industrial SLA printer technology, introducing numerous innovations such as the VarioBeam to enhance not only resolution but the overall production speed.
The SLA A-350/450/650 line of printers is a robust, ergonomically and aesthetically attractive line of printers designed to offer users the optimal combination of ease of use, low maintenance, and high speed and precision.
precise and efficient
- the patented VarioBeam technology makes use of a wide beam UV laser that varies the spot size to suit the resolution of the print.
- in practical terms, the VarioBeam can increase print speed by up to 100% without sacrificing print quality
- each printer incorporates a refined high precision resin level control with a +/- 0.01 tolerance, resulting in a better surface finish
- each printer also incorporates a dense marble build platform to enhance build precision, durability, and ease of print removal
- EP-Resin, Shining 3D’s SLA printer control software is designed to streamline and ease production to the point of being a ‘one-click print’
- any resin with a 355 nm rating can be used in the SHINING3D SLA A-line of printers, representing a wide range of mechanical properties such as:
- polypropylene-like and flexible – Somos 9120 or Zortrax Resin Flexible
- ABS-like – Somos GP 14122 or Accura ABS Black
- high temperature applications – Somos PerFORM
- investment casting – Somos ELEMENT
- …and more
- EP-Resin control software allows use of 3rd party .stl processing software like NETFABB and Materialize Magics
ACCUFAB D-1 DLP
AccuFab-D1 is a desktop DLP 3D printer that was developed for dentistry, but has general applications.
It comes with SHINING 3D’s own optimized data planning and printing control software, which ensures a user-friendly and intuitive workflow. AccuFab-D1 features high print resolution and an outstanding efficiency ; it can be used in multiple applications maintaining great accuracy. This is the ideal printer solution for all dental customers wishing to enter into the era of digital production.
Some of the features include:
- Ultra-high Details Use an advanced algorithm with Full-HD 1080p projector to print ultra-fine details.
- Wide Range of Applications
- Wireless Connection It supports Wi-Fi connection, offering a smooth process of data transfer and print.
- High Efficiency With a build volume of 144*81*180mm and a print speed of up to 40mm/h
- Intuitive Operation Powered by SHINING 3D’s self-developed software, AccuFab-D1 supports Z-axis auto-calibration, automatic support creation, for convenient post-processing.
- Open System & Material AccuFab-D1 imports STL format data and provides flexible options for printing materials.